There are two ways to share a folder: Invite more users to a folder for them to view your contents, create and save new contents OR create a new folder from scratch and share it with users to start saving contents. To do so select the collaborators option (share > collaborators).
A popup window will appear, there select the invite others tab. You can choose to either share your folder with a group or a user. Once selected your option, the list or groups/users will appear. Select one, you can add a information message and select the privilege that this group/user will have over the folder.
To check that your group/user has been added correctly, press the groups/collaborators tab and it should be added on the list. You can add as many groups/ users as you wish.
What are privileges on shared folders?
To have more control on your folders, you can assign different privileges to you users for a specific folder. The privileges available are explained next:
View: Lets the user view all the contents that are inside the folder
Save: Lets the user to save files inside the folder an only view the files that has uploaded
View & Save: Can save files a visualize all the files that are inside the folder
Manage: Can save and view the contents; also can manage the contents and create new sub-folders.
When a user uploads a file, automatically all users with privileges on the folder, will be able to visualize the content.
- When a folder is shared, implies that its sub-folders are shared as well.
- You cannot restrict a sub-folder privilege, only upgrade it. If a user has a Manage privilege, it will have the same over the sub-folder, it’s the maximum privilege so it cannot be change. But if a user has a “view” privilege, it can have even a “manage” privilege in any of its sub-folders.
- To view all the files inside a folder you must have “view”, “view&save” or “manage” privilege
- To add new files to a folder you must have “save”, “view&save” or “manage” privilege
- If two users edit the same file on a shared folder, the last update will be the one saved.
La publicación no admite más comentarios.